This policy for use of technology states the rights and responsibilities for technology users. Employees, committees, donors,interns,trainees volunteers and guests are governed by this policy.
Droplets58’s technology systems are provided for the use of Droplets58’s staff and
other authorized users in support of the activities of the organization. All users are responsible for using
the technology systems in an ethical and lawful manner.
All employees, interns,committees,donors,guests,trainees and volunteers are required to sign agreement to this policy.
This policy may be occasionally reviewed and modified. Upon implementation of a new technology use
policy, employees and volunteers will have to sign the new agreement.
A. Rules for Technology Use
I. Downloads and System Setting
– Since audio, video, and picture files take a large amount of space and bandwidth
on the server, they are not allowed to be downloaded unless they are business
– Unauthorized installation of software is prohibited.
– The organization’s software may not be copied, altered, or transmitted
II. Use of Emails
– Your email is not secure or private. Emails that you send can be viewed by
people other than those you meant to send it to.
– Do not use your organization email when subscribing to personal mailing lists.
– Emails with attachments from unknown senders should be deleted without
– Use a filing system for organizing your emails.
– Never alter the “From:” line information on your email.
– Delete inactive email from your inbox after sixty days. These inactive emails can
be stored in personal folders on your hard drive.
All employees have the responsibility to keep the organization’s technology secure.
– The technology administrator holds the right to change email passwords.
– No person shall access a computer, files, or applications belonging another
employee without that individual’s consent.
– No unauthorized use of the server room or server is permitted.
IV. Computer Use
All computer users are to use those resources professionally, ethically, and lawfully. You
are given access to these computers for use on your job. Any activity that falls outside of
that scope is prohibited.
– Employees are responsible for keeping backups of work-related files on their
local hard drive in case of any type of technology failure.
– Technology may not be used to access any material that may be seen as
offensive by others.
– Use technology only for business purposes. Do not utilize the technology for
Technology Nonprofit Collaboration
Last Updated: 10/15/2012 Technology Use Policy Page 3 of 3
Technology systems are exclusively the property of the organization.
– Employees should not maintain personal information on premises or store or
transmit personal information using the organization’s network, equipment, or
B. Policy Rule Enforcement
– The executive director (or staff designated by the ED) may periodically monitor computer
usage to ensure adherence to this policy.
– Staff and volunteers using an organization computer must inform their supervisor of any
computer damage, virus, data loss, and equipment failure. Supervisory staff will work with
the ED as appropriate to resolve the issue.
C. Consequences of Policy Violations
– Failure to abide by any of the above guidelines and policies could result in action directed by
the nonprofit’s current practice including dismissal from the organization.
By signing below, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the technology use practices,
enforcements, and consequences described in this policy.
Droplets58 Organisation ,operates the droplets58.org website, which provides information on our services .
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our services, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our services, we collect information that your browser sends to us which is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our services.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform the users of our services that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.